For many parents, ensuring the safety of their children online has become increasingly important. But keeping an eye on their every move is never easy. Whether it’s your children or your partner, text messages are an extremely popular mode of communication. Sometimes, however, these can be used for the wrong reasons. Your partner could cheat on you by talking to someone else, or your child could be exposed to inappropriate content.
In such situations, it becomes essential to be able to read their texts to find out for sure. If you’re wondering how to get messages from another phone sent to yours, this guide will answer you. We’ll take you through five of the best monitoring apps with which you can receive messages from another phone and read them on yours.
Why Would You Want to Get Text Messages From Another Phone?
This is usually the first question that comes to everyone’s mind whenever monitoring apps are mentioned.
Though you may have different reasons for reading their texts without their phone, they always boil down to two:
- Safety Reasons: Parents must keep their children safe, with cyber bullies and internet predators lurking everywhere. Spy apps give them the upper hand by allowing them to check text messages on their child’s phone to ensure they’re safe.
- To monitor their activities: Other than getting text messages from someone else’s phone, spy apps also allow you to monitor all the other phone activity on the target device. This includes GPS locations, browsing history, contact lists, media files, etc.
Using Spy Apps to Check Text Messages From Another Phone
The first method that we will discuss is using a monitoring app that you can use for text message monitoring. These apps can typically be installed on Android and iOS smartphones and monitor all the features and apps on the target device.
The first app on this list that does a fantastic job of intercepting text messages is mSpy. This is one of the most feature-packed apps you can find and works on all Android and iOS smartphones. Moreover, the app runs in Stealth Mode, so the target will never know they’re being monitored and will never find the app icon on their phones.
Once you install mSpy, you’ll have to log into your dashboard from your phone or laptop and navigate to the Text Messages option. This is one of the app’s best features, and it displays all messages in an easy-to-read conversation view. mSpy will show you the date and timestamp of each text message, the name of the contact, and any media files that have been shared.
Other than using mSpy to track text messages, you can also use it for its other features. These include:
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing calls
- Tracking the GPS location of the target device in real-time
- Monitoring their web browsing history
- Tracking all keystrokes entered on the device using the keylogger
- Monitoring conversations and media on social media apps
- Monitoring media files stored on the device, and more
Next, we briefly explore how you can install mSpy on the target phone. The same basic procedure largely works for all monitoring apps.
Using mSpy On Android to Get Text Messages
While the main goal is to use a spy app on the target device, there are usually a few procedures to complete first. As such, we’ve organized the process into five main steps:
- Step 1: Purchasing a Subscription
- Step 2: Preparing the Target Device For mSpy Installation
- Step 3: Downloading and Installing mSpy
- Step 4: Setting Up mSpy on the Target Device
- Step 5: Monitoring Text Messages From the Target Device
If you want to check out our guide on tracking SMS without being able to access the target phone, you can go to our article:
Step 1 of 5: Purchasing a Subscription
Before you can use mSpy to monitor someone’s messages, you need to pick a subscription plan that meets your needs. Below are the steps to guide you to purchase a subscription plan.
- Navigate to mSpy’s website and create an account using a valid email address.
- Once registered, you’ll choose the OS of the target device you wish to monitor.
NB: You can skip this step for later.
- Select one of the three main subscription plans that mSpy offers i.e. Basic Plan, Premium Plan, and Family Kit Plan.
- Complete the purchase by making a payment using your banking credentials. mSpy will send you a confirmation email containing:
- Order details
- Link to control panel
- Your mSpy username
- Your mSpy password
Step 2 of 5: Prepare the Target Device for Installation
mSpy, like many other spy apps, will require some permissions on the target device. But to install mSpy, you would need to disable Google Play Protect on the device by following these steps:
- On the target device, locate and open the Play Store App.
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top left side of the app to reveal the navigation drawer.
- Select “Play Protect,” then click on the little gear icon on the top right of the screen.
- Disable all the options under Play Protect settings i.e.
- Scan apps with Play Protect – Disabled
- Improve harmful app detection – Disabled
Step 3 of 5: Download and Install mSpy
Now that you’ve configured the target device, you can now proceed to download and install mSpy. It’s worth mentioning that this stage requires the details you got after purchasing a subscription plan in Step 1.
- On the target device, open Google Chrome or a web browser of your choice.
- Tap the address bar and paste in the link you received in your email after you purchased mSpy and press Go.
- Complete the captcha security check then click Download to install mSpy’s APK file on the target device.
- Tap to open the APK file to begin installation. If a prompt appears during the installation, simply check “Allow from this source”.
- Grant mSpy all the permissions it requires by tapping “Next” until you finally see the “Install” button. Tap the install button to complete mSpy’s installation.
Step 4 of 5: Setup mSpy on the Target Device
After installation, you’d need to configure mSpy depending on your needs. To get started, open the app and then follow this procedure:
- Tick the “Accept license agreement” checkbox and choose the extra settings you’d like mSpy to have. They include:
- Collecting info
- Hiding the app icon
- If you had not granted mSpy the required permissions, a prompt may appear requesting for the permissions. Follow the wizard instructions to grant the permissions.
- Key in the registration code you previously received in your email to activate your account on the target device.
- Tap on “Complete Installation” to finalize setup.
Step 5 of 5: Monitor Text Messages From Another Phone
To monitor the text messages from the target’s device, you must first access mSpy’s control panel.
You can find the link to the control panel in the email you received after choosing a subscription plan. Follow these last steps to view messages on the target device:
- Login to your mSpy account using the credentials you obtained in Step 1.
- Once logged in, click on “Text Messages” on the left sidebar.
- You’ll then see a list of all texts mSpy has collected from the target device. Click on any of them to view all the text message details.
Using mSpy to Get Texts on iPhone
mSpy works a little bit differently on iOS devices. Unlike Android, you don’t need to install any app on the target iPhone.
All you’ll need is the phone’s iCloud credentials. This means that you can remotely access the target’s device. In addition, it makes the process super simple.
- Step 1: Purchase a Subscription Plan
- Step 2: Setup mSpy Using iCloud Credentials
- Step 3: Monitor Texts From the Target Device
Step 1: Pick a Subscription Plan
You need a subscription plan to use mSpy’s special features on the target iPhone. To get started, here’s what you should do:
- Go to mSpy’s website and create a free account.
- When mSpy asks about the OS of the target device you wish to monitor, choose iOS.
- Pick one of the three subscription plans that mSpy offers i.e. Basic Plan, Premium Plan, and Family Kit Plan.
- Complete the purchase by making a payment. mSpy will then send you relevant details for the next process.
Step 2: Setup mSpy Using iCloud Credentials
After picking a subscription plan, the next step is to enter the target device’s iCloud credentials on mSpy’s setup wizard. But there are a few things to do before that.
- Prepare the target phone by first doing the following:
- Ensure Two-factor authentication is disabled
- Ensure the iCloud backup feature is enabled
- Key in the Apple ID and password of the target device then click Verify to check whether the credentials are valid.
- If the iCloud credentials are valid, mSpy will now have access to the target device’s SMS. You can then finish the installation process.
Step 3: Start Monitoring Texts
The final and simplest step is to now monitor the text messages that the target has sent or received. And you can do that by first accessing the dashboard.
- When logged in, click “Text Messages” on the left sidebar menu to access a list of all conversations from the target device.
- Click on any conversations on the left pane to see sent and received messages from the target device.
Why Choose mSpy For Receiving Someone’s Text Messages?
Plenty of spy apps have almost the same features that mSpy has. And getting text messages from another phone sent to yours is among the basic features. You can also retrieve old messages with this app.
Nevertheless, mSpy’s additional features are the biggest deal-breakers, as shown below.
mSpy’s Additional Features
Getting text messages from another phone sent to yours isn’t mSpy’s only perk. It also comes packed with a handful of features that can better help you monitor your child better.
With mSpy, you can view incoming and outgoing calls on the target device. But it doesn’t stop at that since it also lets you see call durations and timestamps.
In case you also need to know the target’s location history, then mSpy’s GPS tracking is for you. This allows you to verify where the target was texting from.
Monitoring someone’s web history is also possible with mSpy. However, you can also see the user’s searches while browsing in incognito mode.
Social Media Activity
You can also spy on your target if he/she is a regular on social media apps like Viber and WhatsApp. It’s also worth mentioning that mSpy offers different ways of intercepting texts sent on social media.
mSpy equally lets you view photos and videos that the target shares or receives on their device. With this feature, you may not have to rely on intercepting text messages alone since media files show literally everything.
Pros & Cons
As with all other spy apps, mSpy does have its fair share of pros and cons. However, its pros do outshine the cons, as you can see.
Another extremely reliable app that you can use to get text messages from another phone is eyeZy. Like mSpy, eyeZy works on all Android and iOS smartphones and is virtually undetectable once installed. It offers a host of different features with which you can monitor the messages app, social media applications, GPS locations, and more.
Once eyeZy is installed on the cell phone, you can access the text messages from the control panel. eyeZy shows you all the chats in a conversation view, along with the contact’s name or phone number, the date and timestamp of each message, and any MMS or media files attached.
Other than the ability to view messages, eyeZy offers plenty of other features, including:
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing phone calls and call logs
- Tracking GPS locations and geofencing
- Monitoring the user’s web browsing history and bookmarks
- Tracking all keystrokes entered on the device
- Monitoring social media apps like Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more.
- Remotely recording the target’s screen, and more.
Pros & Cons
If you want to do more than view text messages from another phone and access deleted messages, SpyBubble is the perfect spy app for you. This app offers various advanced features and is compatible with iOS and Android phones. Once installed, it’s also virtually undetectable, so the target will never know that there’s a spy app on their phone.
With the app installed, SpyBubble will show you a list of all incoming and outgoing text messages, the dates and timestamps for each, the name or phone number of the contact, and the provision to block a contact. Moreover, SpyBubble allows you to access deleted messages from the target phone, so a cheating partner can never cover their tracks.
Other than monitoring someone’s text messages, SpyBubble’s other features include:
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing phone calls
- GPS location tracking
- Monitoring all phone activity on different apps
- Monitoring social media apps like Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, Telegram, and Tinder
- Full access to Instagram and Facebook on iOS devices
- Monitoring YouTube activity on Android devices
- SIM Card replacement alerts and more
Pros & Cons
The fourth spy app on this list that you can get to access messages from another phone is uMobix. uMobix is among the market’s most feature-packed spy apps that work on Android and iOS devices. It also remains completely undetectable on the target phone after it’s installed, so the target will never know that you’re trying to read messages from their cell phone.
When used to read messages from another phone, this monitoring app shows all the texts in a list view. You receive text messages with the contact’s name or phone number, the date and timestamp for each message, and any media files that may have been attached to them.
Installing this app on an Apple device is simple and can be done remotely. You only need the user’s iCloud credentials or Apple ID, and you can access the messages on the target iPhone. On the other hand, installing it on an Android target phone requires physical access.
The other key features of this app include:
- Monitoring phone calls and the call logs on the target phone
- Tracking the GPS location of the target phone
- Web browser history monitoring
- Monitoring all social media applications and media shared on them
- Tracking all the keystrokes entered on the device and more
Pros & Cons
The last spy app on this list is Hoverwatch. This app works uniquely by capturing screenshots of all the activities on the target device. This includes every text message on the target device to get a bird’s eye view of all activity. Hoverwatch is compatible with all Android smartphones and iOS devices.
Hoverwatch shows all the messages from another phone in an intuitive interface. The messages are presented in a list view, along with the date and timestamp of each message, each contact’s name or phone number, and any media files that may have been attached to them.
Other than monitoring text messages on the target device, uMobix also offers a host of other features that include:
- Tracking keystrokes entered on the target device
- Monitoring all phone calls and the address book on the target device
- Tracking the target’s GPS location in real-time
- Monitoring all social apps and media shared on them
- Remotely changing the settings on the target Android device
Pros & Cons
Use Text Message Forwarding to Get Messages From Another Phone
Another method of getting text messages from another phone is to forward text messages from the target phone to another phone. Using SMS forwarding apps like AutoFordward is a great way to do this. This app allows you to forward text messages to another phone via email. The information sent also includes the target’s contact information and GPS location.
The app works by getting messages from another phone via an over-the-air (OTA) link sent to the target phone. This allows you to monitor all the apps on the device apart from the text messages. Further, it also gives you access to all deleted text messages.
Receive Text Messages From Another Phone on an iPhone
If you don’t want to use any tracking app from the ones mentioned above, you can use iCloud to access text messages from another phone on an iPhone. The benefit of this function is that it’s free of cost and can be done on multiple devices if needed, provided you know the targets’ Apple IDs. However, remember that you’ll need to log into both devices with the same Apple ID for this to work.
Here’s how you can use iCloud to receive text messages from the other phone:
Step 1: Open the Settings app on the device and tap on your name to open the Apple ID menu.
Step 2: Select iCloud and then scroll down to “Messages” in the section “Apps using iCloud”. Toggle the switch on to enable it.
Step 3: All previously stored messages in iCloud will be available. You can open the Messages app to view all the text messages saved on the cloud.
Step 4: Any messages you send from your phone will automatically be saved to iCloud. You can even do this on multiple devices, as mentioned earlier.
How to Get Text Messages From Another Phone Sent to Mine?
While there are various ways to receive text messages from another phone on yours, the best solution is to use a spy app. These are completely discreet and can be installed on an Android, iPhone, and even a jailbroken iPhone. With these, you can easily read their messages in real-time.
Is There an App to See Someone Else’s Texts?
You can use various apps to see text messages from another phone. Our top spy app recommendation is mSpy. It works on Android and iOS smartphones and is virtually undetectable, so the target will never know when you receive text messages.
Can I Get Texts Sent From Another Phone?
You can get text messages from another phone using a spy app like mSpy or SpyBubble. These apps are virtually undetectable and can also monitor other features. However, you can also use iCloud to get text messages from the other phone, but this method isn’t discreet.
How to Retrieve Text Messages From Another Phone For Free?
While you can retrieve text messages from another phone for free using iCloud or text message forwarding, this method isn’t discreet and can alert the target. The best way is to use mSpy, a comprehensive spy app with a 7-day free trial.
Is There an App to See Deleted Messages?
The best app to get deleted messages from another phone sent to mine is SpyBubble. Unlike many other spy apps, it gives you access to any messages the target deletes, so they can never cover their tracks.
If you’re wondering how to get text messages from another phone sent to mine, this guide has listed five apps you can use without the target knowing about them. Each app has been tested thoroughly and has become the best on the market. While you will find plenty of other spy app recommendations online, you must always be careful before putting your money on an app that might be a scam or that could steal your data.
Our top recommendation to get someone else’s text messages sent to your phone is mSpy. It comes with a 7-day free trial, plenty of features, and is extremely user-friendly. However, if you want to access deleted text messages, your best bet is to go for SpyBubble.
Is It Legal to Use mSpy?
As it is an SMS monitoring app, mSpy is legal to use. It has also been approved by some reputable organizations as well. However, its use is also subject to local laws.
Therefore, you should consult with local legislation to ensure you aren’t going against the law.
Does mSpy Let You View Deleted Messages?
mSpy can let you see deleted messages both on Android and iOS. However, mSpy must have been installed before monitoring incoming and outgoing messages.
But it doesn’t just stop at text messages. mSpy also lets you view deleted messages sent from social media apps.
Is mSpy Detectable?
After installation, mSpy will run in the background and remain invisible to the target. In addition, the app won’t be visible in the app drawer, thanks to stealth mode.
All that makes mSpy virtually undetectable. As such, your child won’t be aware that you can get their text messages.
How Many Devices Can You Monitor with mSpy?
mSpy’s pricing plans dictate how many devices you can monitor simultaneously. The basic and premium subscription plans only let you monitor a single device.
But with the family kit plan, you can monitor up to three devices simultaneously.
How Often Will mSpy Update the Messages?
You’ll choose how often mSpy will send updates to the server. And this can be anywhere from a few hours to several hours (12-24 hours).
Nevertheless, you’ll have more flexibility if you have a rooted or jailbroken phone. However, be careful about choosing a short interval since it can drain the battery faster.
Must You Root or Jailbreak My Phone to Use mSpy?
mSpy will work even if you haven’t rooted or jailbroken your cell phone. As such, you’ll be able to enjoy most of the essential features, such as message monitoring.
However, if your phone is rooted/jailbroken, you can easily monitor social media activity.