Technology today has made everything a lot easier. While this can be a great thing, it also leads to some very uncomfortable situations of infidelity, which have become all too common. Text messages are often the primary communication between two cheating people, and it becomes essential to spy on them to discover the truth.
If you’ve been suspecting your partner of cheating on you and want to find out, reading their text messages is the best way. While you might consider hiring a private investigator to follow them, you must consider the cost. However, with spy apps, the job of spraying on someone or reading their messages without their phone has become easier than ever.
In this guide, we list five top spy apps and show you how to read someone’s text messages without their phone using them. Our team has thoroughly tested these apps, so you can be sure you’re getting the most reliable recommendations.
How to Read Someone’s Text Messages Using Spy Apps
If you want to read someone’s text messages without their phone, the best way is by using spy apps. These apps allow you to read their messages and monitor their social media chats, phone calls, GPS locations, web browser histories, and more.
mSpy is a very handy app that takes less than 5 minutes to install and gives you full and unobstructed access to the target phone. This app works secretly in the background, quietly collecting all data and relaying it to your dashboard on mSpy’s website. You can read the target’s text messages, including deleted ones, but you can also see their social media messages on platforms like Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp, and others.
Once installed, mSpy will show you all incoming and outgoing text messages, the dates and timestamps for each, the name or phone number of the contact, and any MMS files that might be attached to them. Further, the app shows you all the chats in a conversation view, making navigating through individual chats easy.
Some of the other notable features of this monitoring software other than reading someone’s text messages are:
- Monitoring calls, both incoming and outgoing
- Tracking the target’s GPS location and geofencing
- Monitoring their browsing history and bookmarks
- Monitoring chats and media files shared on social media apps
- Monitoring WiFi networks
- Tracking keystrokes and specific keywords, among others
- Offers plenty of features
- Accurate keyword tracking
- Presents messages in a conversation view
- Comes with a 7-day free trial
- It’s easy to use and install
- Advanced features require rooting/jailbreaking
- Filtering through the collected records isn’t easy
Installing this app is relatively easy and takes no more than five minutes. The most important thing to note is that mSpy offers remote installation on iOS devices, but you will need physical access to a target Android device. To install the app, follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Intercept Text Messages on Android
Below are the five steps you should follow to start reading someone’s text without their phone using mSpy:
- Step 1: Purchase a Subscription Plan
- Step 2: Prepare Target Android Phone
- Step 3: Download and Install the App on The Target Phone
- Step 4: Complete mSpy Setup
- Step 5: Start Reading Texts From The Target Device
Step 1: Purchase a Subscription Plan
The first step to viewing text messages from another phone is purchasing a subscription plan for the Text Message Spy app. As such, here is how you should go about that:
- Visit mSpy’s website and create an account using your email address.
- Select the OS of the target device you wish to monitor i.e. Android
- Choose a subscription plan that you feel will adequately meet your needs i.e. Basic or Premium plan
- Complete the payment for your selected plan. mSpy will then send the order details and instructions to your email.
Step 2: Prepare Target Android Phone
Before reading text messages from another phone without them knowing, you need to alter a few settings on the Android device. This is how to do that:
- Open the app drawer and tap to open the Play Store app.
- On Play Store, tap the hamburger menu, then select Play Protect.
- Click on the gear icon on the top right side of the screen. This reveals Play Protect settings.
- Disable the following settings:
- Scan apps with Play Protect
- Improve harmful app detection
Step 3: Download and Install the App on The Target Phone
You must install mSpy on the target device before tracking text messages. However, this step will require a link you received in Step 1 above.
- Open the Google Chrome app on the target cell phone.
- Paste the link mSpy sent to your email on Chrome’s address bar and hit enter.
- Complete mSpy’s security challenge to reveal the Download button.
- Click the Download button, then open the APK file to begin the installation process.
- Tick the “Allow from this source” checkbox, then click next.
- Grant mSpy all the required permissions, then click Install to complete the process.
Step 4: Complete mSpy Setup
Like many other spy apps, mSpy also has its own custom settings. You can choose your preferred settings on the target cell phone before proceeding. To finalize the setup, do the following:
- Tick the “Accept license agreement” checkbox.
- Choose which of mSpy’s two custom features you want activated. i.e.:
- Stealth mode
- Key in the registration code mSpy sent to your email to authenticate your account on the target phone.
- Tap “Complete Installation” once you’ve chosen your ideal settings to finalize the setup.
Step 5: Start Reading Text Messages From The Target Device
Now comes the part where you can spy on someone without having their phone. But to do that, you will need to access mSpy’s control panel. This is how to get started:
- After logging in, click “Text Messages” on the left sidebar.
- Click on any of the messages under a conversation you wish to read
How to Intercept Text Messages on iOS
On iOS, you can also read someone’s texts from another phone without them knowing. However, you can do so without installing any app or touching your phone. Below are the three main steps:
- Step 1: Choose a Subscription Plan
- Step 2: Enter the iCloud Credentials
- Step 3: Start Monitoring Someone’s Text Messages
Step 1: Choose a Subscription Plan
Like Android phones, you need an active subscription before you can spy on someone else. Luckily, getting a mSpy subscription plan for iOS is simple.
- Visit mSpy’s website and create an account by using a valid email address
- On the registration wizard, select iOS as the OS you’ll monitor.
- Choose one of the two available subscription plans, i.e. Basic and Premium.
- Complete the payment to receive the order and login details in your email.
Step 2: Enter the Target Phone’s iCloud Credentials
To begin the phone monitoring process, you need to have the iCloud account of the target phone. If you already have the credentials, here are the next steps to follow:
- Prepare the target iPhone by first matching these settings on the device:
- Two-factor authentication = Disabled
- iCloud backup = Enabled
- Key in the credentials of the iCloud account when mSpy prompts for access
- Click the Verify button to check if the credentials are valid.
If the credentials are valid, mSpy will start collecting data from the target iPhone and populate it on the dashboard.
Step 3: Start Monitoring Text Messages
The final step is reading the collected text messages online. And this is the easiest part since mSpy is one of the many spy apps with an easy-to-use dashboard.
To begin, do the following:
- Login to your mSpy account
- Click “Text Messages” on the left sidebar to view a list of all conversations from the target iPhone.
- Select a single conversation to view all sent and received messages under it.
The second app on this list is eyeZy. Like mSpy, eyeZy works on Android and iOS smartphones and offers plenty of monitoring features. Once installed, the app is also completely undetectable, which is possible remotely on iOS smartphones.
Once you access the dashboard, Eyezy will show you all the target’s text messages in a conversation view, like mSpy. You will be shown each chat, the name or phone number of the contact, the date and time each message was sent or received, and any attached MMS files. It monitors everything on the text messaging app on the target phone.
The other key features of this app include:
- Monitoring all social media apps, including Telegram, Snapchat, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more
- Monitoring the target’s web browsing history and any saved bookmarks
- Tracing all keystrokes entered on the device
- Track GPS location and set up geofencing
- Tracking phone logs, both incoming and outgoing
- Remotely blocking websites, apps, WiFi networks, and more
Installing the app on the target device is a quick and easy process. To install on iOS, all you need are the target’s iCloud login credentials. Installing it on an Android device will require physical access to it.
- Monitors all social media apps
- Shows chats in a conversation view
- Offers various remote blocking features
- Easy to install
- The web-based control panel is easy to use
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- No remote installation on Android smartphones
Another reliable and effective application that you can consider if you’re wondering if there is a way to read someone’s text messages is uMobix. uMobix is compatible with Android and iOS devices, so if you want to know how to read someone’s text messages on iPhone, this is another application you can consider.
With this app for checking text messages without a phone, you can get a neat view of all the conversations on the target device, whether it’s your child’s phone or your partner’s. The app lets you read all sent and received text messages and retrieve deleted ones. This way, even if someone tries getting rid of any traces of a conversation, you’ll get to know about it without them knowing.
The app can be undetectable on the target device, so the user will never know they’re being monitored.
The app also gives you other information like the sender’s details, such as the name, phone number, or their number if they’re not saved in the target’s address book.
UMobix’s text message monitoring interface differs from mSpy’s because the former doesn’t show you the text messages in a true conversation view like mSpy does. When you click on a conversation, it shows you the list of all the messages sent under that chat in a list.
Also, while you can’t search for messages, all entries are listed chronologically, so you can easily navigate them to find the ones you want. Regardless of these differences, both apps are a good way to get someone else’s text messages.
Besides being an app to read someone’s text messages, uMobix offers many other phone tracking features. These include:
- Phone call monitoring: Monitor all incoming and outgoing phone calls along with details of the call and timestamps
- GPS tracking: Track the real-time and accurate GPS location of the target at any point
- Web browser monitoring: Monitor all visited websites on the target’s web browser along with the visit frequency
- Keylogger: Track all keystrokes such as passwords, pins, texts, and more
- Address book: Track their address book to see all the contacts saved on the target’s device
- Social app monitoring: Monitor all chats and media files exchanged on social apps like WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Telegram, and more
- You can read messages from another phone invisibly
- Shows app usage in real-time
- Easy to install on the monitored device
- User-friendly interface
- This spying software doesn’t come with a free trial
- Doesn’t offer geofencing
How to Install uMobix
The procedure to install uMobix to see someone’s text messages without having their phone is the same as that of mSpy. Android devices will require physical access to the device for a few minutes, while doing so on an iOS device will only require the target’s iCloud credentials.
With the app installed, you’ll have the solution to the question, “How to read someone else’s text messages without them knowing?”
If you want a spying app that offers the ability to do more than just monitoring, SpyBubble is your best bet. It offers many advanced features and works equally well on Android and iOS smartphones. The app works in Stealth Mode, so you can read someone’s messages from another phone without being detected at any cost.
With the app, you can easily retrieve text messages, get the phone number or contact of the person who sent it, view the dates and timestamps, and more. However, the best part about SpyBubble is that it also shows you any deleted messages, so a cheating partner can never cover their tracks.
Some of the other notable features of this app include:
- Tracking all app activity and device data
- Tracking the target’s GPS location in real-time
- Monitoring social media accounts and full control over Facebook and Instagram on iOS
- Tracking all keystrokes entered on the device, including text saved to the clipboard
- Monitoring browsing history and bookmarks, and more
SpyBubble also offers remote installation on iOS devices. However, you’ll need the target’s iCloud login credentials, and you’ll have to enable iCloud backup.
- The app is relatively affordable
- Fully undetectable when reading text messages from another device
- Easy to install and use
- Offers plenty of advanced features for iOS smartphones
- Shows app usage in real-time
- Quick data syncing
- Displays messages in a list view
- Doesn’t offer a free trial
- Some features are only exclusive to iOS
How to Choose a Good Spy App to Read Someone’s Text Messages
If you go onto Google and search for spy apps to read someone’s text messages, you’ll be flooded with countless options. However, not all of these options are reliable; this is why it becomes imperative for you to understand how to choose a good spy app that’s reliable and works without any issues. Some of the things you must look out for are listed below.
Check Out Their Features
One of the primary aspects to look into when considering a spy app to monitor someone’s text messages is the features the app offers. The best apps offer all the basic features and some advanced ones. These include phone call monitoring, text message monitoring, social chat monitoring, GPS location tracking, keylogging, web browser monitoring, and many more.
Find Out if It Is Compatible with the Target Device
Another crucial aspect to consider is whether the apps you’re considering are compatible with the target device you secretly want to monitor. This is because different apps are compatible with different operating systems. Some are specific to Android and iOS devices, while others extend their monitoring abilities to Windows and MacOS.
Read Their Product Reviews
The third and possibly the most important thing to do is read many product reviews. This is essential so that you don’t get scammed by an app manufacturer that can then be turned to spy on you secretly. Product reviews can often tell you how reliable an app is, whether or not it’s good at tracking all the activities on the device, and whether or not it remains hidden on it.
Check Its Pricing
Another crucial factor you must consider is how much a spy app costs. This is often a key factor in deciding which app fits you best. Further, it would help to compare these apps to find out what features they offer for the same price so that you know you’re getting a good deal.
With these factors listed, let’s dive into how you can use an app like mSpy to read someone’s text messages without their phone.
How to Read Someone’s Text Messages Without Their Phone for Free?
The only free way to read someone’s text messages without their phone is to grab and scroll through their inbox. Many websites claim they can grab the target’s messages by entering their phone number, but those are massive scams and don’t work.
Can You Read Text Messages Without the Phone?
You can read text messages without the phone using apps like mSpy and uMobix. You can create a free account, select your subscription package, and install the app on the target device to know who they’re texting and when.
Is It Legal To Read Someone’s Text Messages Without Their Phone?
Snooping through someone’s texts isn’t always comfortable for various reasons. For one, the person may feel you don’t trust them enough if they catch you.
In addition, you may not always have enough time to go through all texts since everyone keeps their phones close.
Regardless, there are times when it is both legal and necessary. And in most cases, people do it to ensure the safety of their loved ones.
How to Read Someone’s Text Messages Without Downloading Software?
You can only read someone’s messages without downloading software if your target owns an iOS device. You need to grab their iCloud credentials, get a cheap mSpy subscription, follow the installation instructions, and that’s it. However, if the target has an Android device, you must obtain physical access and download the app.
Why Would You Want to Read Someone’s Text Messages?
You might want to read someone’s text messages in several circumstances. This could be related to monitoring your children, employees, or sometimes your partner or spouse. Some of these situations are given below.
Parents who wish to protect their children’s online activities are good examples. With all the social media platforms today, kids can easily talk to the wrong people online.
It is thus up to the parents to monitor who their children interact with online to keep them safe. In this case, reading their sent and received text messages can help parents know what their kids are up to.
Fortunately, texts aren’t the only things you can monitor with these SMS trackers. You’ll also be able to view their call logs, recent locations, and more.
This information will be invaluable if you suspect your child is cyberbullied. It can also help draw boundaries that will keep your child safer.
But while using these SMS tracker apps is legal in the U.S., you should always consult with local laws.
A spy app like mSpy is all you need to get started. However, if you prefer something, uMobix is yet another reliable app that you can use. The bottom line is that it’s fairly easy to read someone’s texts without installing software on their phone — we also have a special article about this; check it out.